Thursday, January 18, 2007

Character

Each of us is meant to have a character all our own,
to be what no other can exactly be,
and do what no other can exactly do.
Unique and vital, I must say..

I was quite taken aback when I found myself in
a set of characteristics that I do not fond of
few weeks ago. That got me into troubles and illness.
Hence, I took a step backward.
Leaving scars and bruises everywhere.
But then, I decided it's not my character to leave
those scars and bruises around.
So I took a different step to try and heal those scars.
which disappointedly had gotten me into a bigger pool of
characters illusion.

Then after all these years that I thought I knew what kind of person
I wanted to be, what characters to hold and settled on...
Now I'm back to square one.

Back to deciding 'should I or shouldn't I' ?
Back to thinking of 'What If' situation..
Back to evaluating 'can I or can't I' do this thing..

Some good friends used to tell me.. I need to change.
I can't be like this forever
.. I agreed but I never give in.
Until this special person came along and made me realize how I need to change..
how I had gotten myself into this big problem that I could have cease long time ago.
If only I had listened to all those advices and concerns.. this mud would be easy to swallow.

I'm hoping that it's not too late.. for me to change anything =)

Wait² this blog entry is not suppose to be sad or depressing.
That was what I felt before. But at this moment,
I'm all new and free. My thoughts aren't scribbled with
'what people say or think about me'. like.. I don't care mode..
Anyway, I found this great thoughts of wisdom about character.


It's all about character.
Watch your thoughts;
they become words.
Watch your words;
they become actions.
Watch your actions,
they become habits.
Watch your habits;
they become character.
watch your character;
it becomes your destiny.

-Frank Outlaw



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

> Until this special person came along....

Haih... so many people are going to perasan its them...

Damnit, I keep telling you your perfect ... Maybe i should of asked you to change?

Anonymous said...

true.. nanti ramai perasan dgn statement tu. but i know who.. hehe.

ayin, its not you hafta change and become a different person. But obviously life requires you to change constantly and accordingly kan?

do take care.

sysphy11 said...

watch your character..it becomes youself..watch yourself..or it becomes someone else..

Anonymous said...

no one is perfect. characterwise or personalitywise. there are holes here and there. It's good enough to realize there are something need to be done rather than sitting down and ignoring it kan?