Friday, April 06, 2007

Self-Harm

I received a shocking news today.. I'm feeling disappointed, regret and sorry at the same time for a friend of mine. Why do people self harm? Is it a way of voicing the pain that someone is feeling to the others or is it a choice to satisfy ones unmet needs? WE all lives in a cruel world. Its cruel for a reason, and for a very good reason... to teach you how to be a BETTER person. The more challenges you've gone through.. the more you learn and understand about yourself. What you want to do, where you want to be, whom you want to be friend with..

Why there are no nice people left in the the world?
Because all the nice people are taken advantage of when they try and help people, then they get screwed over and turn bitter just like everyone else. hehe.. no? Get over it.. we shape the world we're living in.

So, my point is.. No matter how hard you have to survive, how big the problem you're facing, how useless you feel about yourself, just know the fact that there are other people out there who feel the same way.. You are not alone. You might not find the comfort that you're looking for.. because the only comfort you can find is within yourself. I'm writing this to remind myself and others, WE decide what is going to happen to us. Though we believe in fate.. we do have some controls over it right?

We could constantly be 'the enemy to ourselveS' or we could 'choose to make peace'.. so think wisely.



You could make someone realize that they are needed if you just take the time to ask them if they are okay. You don't need to spend forever with them just long enough so they know you care. -above


To those who are always there for me, I thank you. To those that I haven't got the chance to show that I care, I'm sorry.. but know this, you are always in my thoughts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do think they do it for attention though. Bukan sebab saja2 nak attention for mencapub but becuase they've been given lack of attention.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, even if we do give them the attention, we're not able to help them out pon.. we can just listen. So what should we do eh?