I almost didn't go to the gaswork park last Tuesday after seeing the "tones of crowds" that walked passed by my house heading there. But since I promised one of my friends, I thought maybe I should just go rather than sitting at home and not doing anything. And yeah, after 15 minutes walking to the park... (and 15 minutes hassling with thousands of people), we managed to reserve a standing spot near the hilltop (as shown). According to TIME magazine,this event is acclaimed as... Top Five Fireworks Displays in the country (source: WaMU). At first, I wasn't really comfortable being in the midst of the crowd. Some of them were really obnoxious and stinks.(Why lah they allow people to drink during this event, the alcohol smell always makes me want to puke). The display starts around 10pm and lasts for about 30 minutes. They were all very entertaining and some of them were floridly choreographed. I embedded one of my recorded clips..
So, if you ask me, ignoring the fact that I have to crunch my way all the way up and down the hill, it was worth walking and hassling to get that spectacular view of the fireworks. (Somehow, it makes up my whole depressing day). It's the whole point of getting out from the house and do something on a holiday anyway. So here are some of the pics taken with people I went with.
Can't really take good pictures of the fireworks so I mainly recorded it. There were so many people on the way back so we decided to stay a lil' bit later since our house isn't that far from the park. And there goes a day of my July 4th.. started monotonously and ended with colors and noises.

1 comment:
I didn't go to Deb's either. Figured out it's gonne be hell of a boring old people party. gaswork was awesome that night!
Post a Comment