Monday, May 07, 2007

Girls in My Cirlcle =)

For all my dear girlfriends....


When I was little,
I used to believe in the concept of one best friend,
And then I started to become a woman.

And then I found out that if you allow your heart to open up,
God would show you the best in many friends…

One friend is needed when you're going through things with your Mom.
Another friend is needed when you're going through things with your man.
Another when you want to shop, share, heal, hurt, joke, or just be.

One friend will say, "Let's cry together,"Another, "Let's fight together,"
Another, "Let's walk away together." and another, "We'll just hang in there together".

One friend will meet your spiritual need,
Another your shoe fetish,
Another your love for late night movies,
Another your crave for starbucks,
Another your passion for music,
Another your place to keep valuable secrets,
Another will be with you in your season of confusion,
Another will be your clarifier,
Another the wind beneath your wings.

But whatever their assignment in your life,
On whatever the occasion,
On whatever the day,
Or wherever you need them to meet you with their gym shoes on,
Or to hold you back from making a complete fool of yourself,
Or to remind you of things you've forgotten,
Those are your best friends.

It may all be wrapped up in one woman,
But for many, it's wrapped up in several...
One from 7th grade,
Few from high school,
Several from the college years,
A couple from old jobs,
On some days your mother,
On some days your neighbor,
On others, your sisters,
And on some days, it's going to be your daughters.

Be it 23 minutes or 23 years, I'm glad that I have girlfriends that I can count on.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is such a sweet entry. I love... and of course I love u too ayin.

Anonymous said...

girlfriends je? guyfriends? sob sob

Anonymous said...

you tgh heart broken ke dear? asal emo2 nih. hee

Anonymous said...

pernah dengar tak. no women no cry? haha

Anonymous said...

that's very sweet of you

Anonymous said...

I'd be ur season of confusion