Sunday, July 09, 2006

BlueDot.

DotThis! Bluedot is a new cool application that I'm using on the web right now. If you're an avid web surfer like me, you might find this interesting. Bluedot is a social bookmarking (kind of Friendster, MySpace and Facebook)website service. But unlike the normal social networking websites, Bluedot is not where you can leave other ppl fancy testimonials, write them tones of messages and bulletins, and stalk their pictures, it's where you can share what you enjoy on the internet. I just like the idea of sharing your bookmarks with your friends. Basically, it'll help you to spend more time on the internet, browsing what other people find interesting.. (as if I didn't spend enough time in front of the computer lah kan). Since I promised Nikki (a friend who is now working @ BlueDot) to promote it, so here goes...

I've been helping BlueDot through its Beta development process. I registered through an invitation and gave them my usability testing feedback. Wuz one of the first 100 ppl registered tho. Honestly, I wasn't very convinced that BlueDot is a cool thing that I want to get involved in. But since it's a Seattle based startup company, and it involves some of my CS fellows here at univ. of wash. I thought I'll give them my support.. hehe. They didn't have a very applicable and convenient dotting system at first, but now.. they've made such a big improvement to the system and algorithm and I'm just in love with it. So check them out. I think they officially went public last week at Gnomedex conference so you can now just sign-up without any invitation. How it works? Simply, you can put a DotThis! button at your toolbar, click it whenever you think you want to share a particular website with your friend.. and add it. It'll appear at your personal Bluedot. You can also browse what other people dotted on the internet. More Specific information about the BlueDot features can be found here. And check out their blog too. If you've registered, share your bookmarks with ME here. After few days launched to public, from 100, they now have around 3000 people dotting @ BlueDot. Ouh yeah, and if you notice, I have flash updates on what I recently dotted for Bluedot at the bottom part of the right side on this blog. Disregard of whatever issues they are dealing with, they managed to make it happen on time as planned. Way to go Nikki and congrates!
--ARINA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just got the chance to read it. thanks Arina! awesome article. I'll give you A+ for this. we should go out sometime.